Friday, April 8, 2011

Why the Left is Afraid of a Mike Huckabee Nomination: His Willingness to Talk in any Venue

What scares the left most about Mike Huckabee is his willingness to go to any forum and talk about issues that most potential candidates shy away from. And when he does, Mike Huckabee comes across as reasonable while sticking to his principles. Mike Huckabee has gone on The Daily Show several times, talking about abortion, gay marriage, and now the separation of church and state. Jon Stewart enjoys his conversations with Huckabee because rather than tip toe around an issue, Mike Huckabee answers the questions deftly and with facts to back it up.




As The LA Times points out, Mike Huckabee has the ability to change people's hearts and he has the likeability factor:

After the back-and-forth ended, it appeared that Huckabee's Positive Score intensified within Stewart's heart as well.

Jon Stewart: Can I tell ya something, though?


Mike Huckabee: Tell me something.


Stewart: I love you.


Huckabee: Well, thank you.


Stewart: Because you challenge beliefs that I have and you challenge easy beliefs that I have and you force me to reconsider them in the context of other issues, and I really do appreciate you being able to do that with such good humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment